You might be a Crohnie if…
I’ve bounced these around in my head for years. After the past few weeks, I felt it was time for a little less philosophy and a little more humor. My mind needs as much of a break as my poor body does right now. I hope you enjoy!
• You know where every restroom is between your house and your final destination.
• You can make emoticon faces out of the pills you take daily.
• You’re on a first name basis with all the doctors and nurses at the hospital.
• You pack a minimum week’s worth of stuff in your “overnight” bag each time you go to the ER.
• You don’t own a desk top computer. A laptop is so much easier to lay in bed with.
• Your toilet paper stash never drops below 5 rolls per bathroom.
• You’ve kept an extra pair of underwear with you (in your purse or briefcase) since your diagnosis.
• Your heating pad has become your most treasured possession.
• Your 3 hour road trip takes a minimum of 4 hours to complete.
• You have your Gastroenterologist’s phone number on speed dial.
• You look like you’ve been used as a pin cushion each time you have blood drawn.
• You will never live in a place that only has one bathroom.
• Your “bucket list” has turned into a list of all the things you’re going to do the next time you’re in remission.
These are just a few I thought of off the top of my head. I’m sure I’ll be adding more in the future. In the mean time, if there’s some that you want to add, please leave a comment and check back often!
**Listening to Maroon 5**